One of my main goals this year (my first year at South Carolina) was to get my modeling work up and running again. I'm behind where I wanted to be at this point, but I'm happy to report that I've spent the week dealing with a lot of the main challenges (I think) of getting my Repast J code to work in Repast Simphony. The Java language stuff is the same, but there are some differences in how the models are structured (what controls what, etc.) and how you get it to schedule actions, put things in a spatial world, etc. I've got the latest generation of my non-spatial model (ForagerNet3_Demography_V3) more-or-less up and running: people are forming households, reproducing, dying, forming and dissolving links to one another, etc., just like they used to. With those nuts and bolts operational again, I can move on to tinkering with model to streamline the code, figuring out batch mode, figuring out how to have it compile data outputs, and figuring out how to put the whole system back into a spatial framework again. And then the fun really begins. But first: Miller Time.